SEA Change is seeking corporate partners who wish to show their leadership by investing in a future where increasingly diverse STEMM professionals enter a workforce that is equitable and inclusive.
Ensuring that we have a highly capable and diverse workforce for the 21st century will mean tackling large and complex challenges, particularly in the fields of science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and medicine (STEMM).
For decades, organizations have undertaken a patchwork of interventions, independently targeting student empowerment; the quality of teacher preparation and teacher and faculty diversity; community building; and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in the corporate workplace.
Through SEA (STEMM Equity Achievement) Change, AAAS proposes a different strategy: the systemic transformation of institutions of higher learning and their corporate workplaces to ensure that the full range of talent in STEMM can be recruited, retained, and advanced.
SEA Change builds community and offers fresh, relevant insights for institutions across sectors working to address DEI challenges in STEMM.
You can shape the future of DEI in STEMM in ways that matter most to your company.
Corporate Partners are invited to:
- Become part of the SEA Change corporate advisory council, helping to shape the initiative to ensure that businesses’ STEMM diversity needs are addressed
- Inform SEA Change Institute trainings, courses, and convenings, and SEA Change Community discussions about DEI in STEMM
- Participate in SEA Change events to forge connections between corporate and academic institutions
- Receive high-visibility recognition as a leader in DEI
Corporate Partners' support can:
- Direct SEA Change support to scientific disciplines that are of specific interest to partner companies
- Underwrite participation of minority-serving institutions and/or colleges and universities in your region
- Build and sustain DEI know-how through trainings, courses, and convenings, and by enhancing online engagement among participants, including corporate employees
Become a Corporate Partner
Contact Allison Neumann, AAAS Director of Corporate Partnerships, to learn more.