A new SEA Change Institute course, Climate Assessment to Drive Change, starts September 1.
Creating a departmental and institution-wide climate and culture in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and Medical (STEMM) disciplines is critical for institutions to reach their diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) goals. Without a welcoming climate, institutions will struggle to attract and retain talented, diverse students and faculty. The four-session SEA Change learning series Climate Assessment to Drive Change seeks to provide higher education change leaders the opportunity to expand their knowledge of how to use climate assessments to identify and resolve issues on their campus or in their departments. The learning series will feature climate assessment experts who will guide learning sessions that focus on strategies to ensure that assessment results lead to change.
The learning series will focus on supporting institutional change efforts that seek to increase DEI in STEMM higher education. The four-part, online series seeks to increase the ability of individuals, departments, and institutions to:
- Select an appropriate climate assessment,
- Build the internal capacity needed for assessment results to be actionable,
- Engage key groups in process of data-collection, analysis, and ground truthing,
- Create action, and
- Track results.
- Session 1: September 1, 3:30-5:30 PM ET
- Session 2: September 15, 3:30-5:30 PM ET
- Session 3: October 6, 3:30-5:30 PM ET
- Session 4: October 20, 3:30-5:30 PM ET